Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Batman Wall

This was my first real wall mural request. Had breakfast with a friend and he handed me a picture of a wall from a Crate n Barrel catalog. It was a Gotham City cityscape with a big Batman flying in the center. He said his wife asked him if he knew anyone who could do this. He said " Steve can".  So,,, now I HAD TO.
Here is the pic he showed me:





So, I start project. Here is the wall ( complete with wallpaper that needed to be stripped and repainted)




Wallpaper stripping is by far one of the worst jobs that I have done so far.


Now the fun begins. Wall is ready for mural finally.


 Didn't know how to begin. But the ol " Fake it till you make it." mentality came out. I just started taping and painting.

 This is the point where this mural started to look like it would work.

 Background buildings done. Now on to foreground buildings.


 Buildings painted. On to windows.

 Finished the mural.  Batman was a Fathead sticker that my friend had purchased earlier. There was also a lamp from the C&B catalog that was going up next.


And this is the finished mural project.

Last picture is,, of course the reason I do this. Picture speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment